There are different techniques to write an essay and sometimes it varies depending upon the type. Of course, you cannot follow the same principle for writing essays. There is a lot of difference in writing a narrative and argumentative essay, and you have to be aware of them as you cannot mix two methods for one. It is true that the basic format for every essay is the same as the introduction, body, and conclusion.
However, the main difference comes in body paragraphs where you have to add information accordingly. For example, the information is more descriptive in a narrative essay but it is analytical in an argumentative essay. In the same way, you also have the option to add quotes in your essay. Mostly the method for quotes is the same for all types of essays.
It only changes when you are following certain citations. An academic research essay can only be written according to certain citations like MLA, APA, ASA, AMA, Chicago Manual, and Turabian. Just make sure that you follow all guidelines mentioned in a specific format. In this article, I will try to explore different methods under which you can add quotes in your essay.
How to add quotes:
- Adding a short quote: It means quotes with less than four lines make sure that you include whole sentences. Do not break a sentence otherwise, it would lose its meaning. Do not add a quote without introducing it first and use a transition statement. You can also elaborate a quote before online essay writing, it would help the reader to get the idea. Make sure to put your quote into inverted commas with the name of the author at the beginning i.e. in her book Mia stated: “…………………………quote……………………………………”
- Introduce the quote: Your essay should be in a proper order make sure that you quote remains relevant to your essay topic. The best way to do so is to introduce it to your reader for example. If you have added a quote about the economy then first give the generation description and tell the reader how other economists think about the issue i.e. economists Li Wang says “…………………………………Quote………………………………”
- Use quotation marks: If you are adding a direct quote then do not forget to use quotation marks. You have to use the marks even if you are quoting a few words. Readers would know that you have incorporated someone else’s ideas into your essay. It would add authenticity and credibility in your essay and you would be able to defend your position.
- Commentary of the quote: If you are adding a quote into the English essay assignment make sure to make it relevant. You can do it by adding an explanation and what the author is trying to say in the respective quote. Sometimes it is required to do because it creates clarity and gives meaning to your essay.
- Topic sentence: It means the first few lines of each paragraph, this statement usually tells the reader what the paragraph is about and how it has discussed an issue. Your quote should link with the topic sentence for clarity. You can also hire a good write my essay service to assist you with your informative-type essay. If you have any doubts then you can ask these services to help you out, as they also provide a free consultation.
- Paraphrasing: If you want to incorporate someone else’s ideas into yours then you have to paraphrase both and write it down. Make sure that you do not lose the original meaning otherwise its purpose would not be fulfilled. Your paraphrased words should be linked with the thesis statement and topic sentence. Using this method you can incorporate evidence in your essay without quoting anyone.
- Direct quote: If you are using a direct quote from a book make sure to write the author’s name with a chapter or page number i.e. …………………………….quote………………………….. (O’Brien 243)
- Indented: Make sure that your every quote is indented. It means you should leave one-inch space on every first line of the quote. If you are using MLA citation then it would be double indented.
If still confused, ask a reliable service to write my paper now.