Debates, talks, and various other instances are mostly presented in our lives where we see people arguing. So what exactly does it mean? Simply put, every person is in a race to get a point of view across to others and succeed in molding the other person. The same applies to write and you might be asked to write an argumentative essay on a topic that may have two or more completely different perceptions. It is one of the essential and basic forms of essay and you could get a whole lot of benefit by first developing an outline for it. So how does one proceed in writing an outline for the essay? Let us see together.
Steps to Outline
- First, look at the topic and see which side you agree with. Are you with the claims or against them? If a topic is new so do a bit of research. Once everything is crystal clear, go ahead and have a firm stance.
- Start to study about what makes your stance the most valuable. You are basically searching for a strong foundation. Gather data from relevant sources to make your argument appeal to the people. If you have problems applying proper research methods, then a professional essay writing service could be your solution provider. Not only an outline but you could also buy essays cheap that’s exactly according to your specifications. It would ensure that the work is completed within the assigned time without you having to worry about any aspect.
- Develop a thesis that would help you to mold your entire work. It would give you a sense of direction that you may not find if you went in to write immediately without proper attention. The thesis would be the central point of all your claims.
- Follow the rule of thumb for best essays that are 1-3-1. A paragraph for the intro, 3 for the body and main ideas while the last one for the conclusion. Each body paragraph should be crafted around the thesis with well-defined starting sentences.
- Do not forget to give proper time to explain the opposing point of view. Then, proceed to refute it through logical deductions so that there may be a strong reason to oppose something. It is mandatory as it provides the reader with a sample of both sides and shows why your side might be the most dominant one.
- Use examples to support claims as well as facts and figures. These are all achieved through proper research from scholarly sources
- After the outline is done, go through it to see if all the areas are properly covered and nothing is out of place. Take time to modify and make the necessary changes to make it all perfect.
- So we have looked at various aspects to getting ready to write the assignment. All these aspects are of paramount importance. Now, you may ask when am I going to start to write my essay? Well, now is the time to follow your outline and craft the data accordingly. Remember the links that you found during the actual research, and use them to add as much relevant information as possible
- Finish the draft, proofread it, and make the changes. Then, it is all ready to be submitted to get great grades. Even if changes in the draft are required, the hassle would be a lot less because of a predefined outline.
These rules are mandatory and need to properly adhere to ace the assignments every time. The stronger the outline, the better would be the essay as it is a skeleton that helps to develop a tough base.
Outlines help you to modify the data while it is just in the initiation stage so there would not be much need for major overhauls. So next time when you face a daunting word such as an “argumentative essay” no need to fret and go at it with confidence.