Whether your anatomy essay is part of your required course work or is being offered for extra marks, a good grade on the essay is essential. It’s much easier to write an essay on a subject you really enjoy than one you find to be dull or tedious. When choosing topics for your anatomy essays, find an angle you are interested in.
The building of the ideal term paper
Play on words aside, the anatomy of your essay is very important. According to the dictionary definition, anatomy describes the body structure of a living organism, usually revealed by dissection of the organism. Your anatomy essays will also have essential parts, which all work together to make a great essay.
The main components of a good essay include an opening paragraph, the body and a concluding paragraph. It’s also required on most academic papers to have a page of references. All citations must be done according to the style accepted by the program you are writing for.
As far as topic choice goes, there are so many processes within the anatomy of any organism that it makes for a multitude of anatomy essay questions you could use. The key is to choose something that hasn’t been already covered a million times before. The narrower your topic and research question, the better your essay will be.
How to form a research question?
Getting to a good research question requires that you first settle on a great topic. The topic should be of interest to you; the more passionate you feel about it, the better. You could think back to all the anatomy classes you’ve taken in the past. Was there a subject that really sparked your interest? Look in books and ask your instructor for ideas as well.
Once you’ve chosen the topic, formulate a question based on that topic. The question should be something that you will have to do some research to answer. Here are some examples of good anatomy research questions to build an essay around.
- What is the representation of apoptosis and its accompanying signaling molecules in the formation of cancer?
- How is tinnitus affected by a cochlear implant?
- What is the mechanism and how does the implant’s stimulation effect become therapeutic?
- How is diet related to bouts of irritable bowel syndrome and what role does fiber play in this disease of the digestive system?
- What is the process by which the brain sends faulty electrical impulses to the legs in the case of patients suffering from restless legs syndrome?
- What role does genetics play in this disease?
- What are the mechanics by which cleft lip and cleft palate occur during fetal development?
- What is the role of biological catalysts in the digestive process?
Tips for completing your academic essay
- Conduct a thorough research of available literature on your research question. If you are having difficulty finalizing a research question, then conduct the research on your broad anatomy essay topics, looking for a good research question.
- Read through all the articles and books you have gathered. Take copious notes and make sure you reference them as you go, to save time later.
- Write your essay using the notes you wrote.
- Edit and proofread your essay to give it the final touches it deserves to make it perfect.